8.15.2006

WAKE UP!!!!!

Time to take a break from coding invoices and reading because for some reason I'm somewhat sleepy today. I will say that I've been sleeping better though, which is WONDERFUL!

Last night's menu was BBQ marinated chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. I think it came out pretty good. One question, does parsley have an actual taste? I've always thought it's used for color rather than any flavor it adds. Anyone know? Tonight's menu is breaded fish with lemon pepper sauce (I think) drizzled over it. We're also having pasta salad and a mix of peas and corn. I'll let you know how the fish and sauce come out seeing as I've never actually done this before :-D

I must say, I do enjoy making dinner. Even though I come home tired and sick of traffic, I like playing around in the kitchen. Last night I made more salsa with the recipe my mom-in-law gave me. Tonight I'm going to make more guacamole. Yum... I like guacamole.

It seems like most of my posting is about food. Change of subject. Does anyone know what sorts of indoor potted plants are really difficult to kill? I ask this because I would like to have a plant or two in our apartment, but I'm afraid I will kill it (since I've done so many times in the past... then again, most of the times in the past have been times that I forget to water it... hopefully now I'll remember). So, in light of this, does anyone have any recommendations of plants that don't need a lot of sunlight and don't die easily? I'd appreciate any input. Mom, I'm sure you could offer some suggestions...

We are getting a new phone number since we are switching to Verizon. Hm. I wonder if we are technically "switching" since we never really had a telephone line from AT&T that worked... Anyway, we should have a phone by next Wednesday and internet shortly thereafter, which means wedding pictures will be posted soon!!!! YAY!!! Well, there it is, my post for the day. Have a lovely afternoon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for wedding pics!

Anonymous said...

oh and give me your new number when you get it and i promise to call you...

Amy said...

Abigail, you can call my CELL phone too! Sheesh... Or, if you have Verizon, we can talk for free on Happy's cell phone :-) But I'll be sure to give you our new number when we get it!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Amy. This is your mom-in-law commenting from Lake Arrowhead at a bakery shop called Razzbearies. I am enjoying an apple walnut muffin and iced tea. Yum! It was a real toss up between the iced cinnamon rolls, iced bear claw or numerous muffin flavors.
My Mom would always eat the parsley, it helps with your breath. And yes, I think it mainly is used for decoration, but it does have some flavor, just mild.
I also am really good at killing plants and the only plant I don't kill is a dieffenbachia (?). They also do well with a darkened house like we have to keep the heat out, you know, not lots of light needed. But, you should water once a week. I recently had an ivy plant near the garden window in my kitchen and it did real well; I could even cut it back and i did good. I did kill it, but I am not sure why. Have a good day and happy eating. Love, Mom