8.08.2006

Sloppy chef

It only took me about 40-45 minutes to get home yesterday!!!! I didn't take the side streets I had planned because apparently word has gotten around the office that my commute was ridiculous so I had several people tell me alternate routes that they use. Last night I took the 55 north to the 5 north and got off at Chapman, which I took all the way home. I think tonight I'll try taking the 5 north to the 22 east and see if that is better or worse. Still, I'm VERY glad to have cut down my commute :-)

My lasagna turned out pretty good, but I think I should have drained the meat before adding the tomato sauce because when I scooped out the pieces there was a sort of puddle in the bottom. It didn't change much of the flavor, which Happy said was good, but I'd still like to work on the consistency. I figure I've got time to improve. Raphaelle, I'm looking forward to the recipes to make enchilades. If I remember correctly, Happy really likes those. Tonight is chili and corn bread so all I really have to do is heat up the soup and make corn muffins. It'll be an easy night compared to last night (but it WAS fun making lasagna)!

I think my mom will have something to say to this as she remembers me "cooking" at home. I've learned that whenever I cook or bake anything, I generally make a rather large mess. When I made pizza, I got it in the oven and looked around to dough and flour smeared into the counter, sauce splatters on the stove, grated cheese on the floor... seriously, you'd think someone that is pretty organized and neat could cook in such a manner as well, right? Maybe I just need to get more used to what I'm doing? Eh, oh well. It's kinda fun making the mess. Cleaning up isn't so fun, but it is necessary, especially in my kitchen!

Well, as extremely exciting as this post is, I'm going to get back to work. By the way, for those of you who are wondering why Happy has only posted twice, the reason is because we still do not have a phone line or internet in our apartment. Supposedly it will work tomorrow at some point, but that'll be at least the 3rd date they've said it'll be working. Once we do have internet at the apartment, you can be SURE there will be many many pictures on our blog!

No comments: