8.25.2006

Trivia!

Let's play a game... Hm.... What kind of games can you play on a blog? Oh, I know! I'm going to list a bunch of questions (this is sort of a trivia game) and our readers can leave a comment answering any they want to answer. Here goes (NO CHEATING!!!):

1. Where was Amy born (city and state please)?

2. Where was Happy born (same deal as above)?

3. What are Happy's favorite sports teams (baseball, football, basketball, college football)?

4. What is the capital of New Hampshire?

5. What is the capital of California?

6. What is the capital of Idaho?

7. Where did Amy's oldest brother, Mike, go to college?

8 What are the names and ages of Happy and Amy's siblings?

9. What color are Amy's eyes?

10. What is the name of the church that Happy grew up in?

11. Who is the current president of Nigeria?

12. What is minimum wage set at in California?

13. How much does it cost to purchase one postage stamp for a normal letter?

14. Who was the 27th vice president of the United States?

15. Who said/wrote "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."?


Ok, that was fun. I didn't know the answers to all these (until I looked them up online) so if you don't either, it's ok. This was mostly for my benefit as Friday crawls along and I sit in a quiet office by myself, reading. Not that I'm complaining, but sometimes a change of pace is nice. Have a lovely Friday and a glorious weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the answer to many of these but the quote is from Mark Twain I think...

I always liked "Ideally a book would have no order to it and the reader would have to discover his own".

Reminds me of finishing a book then running back through it in my head with the understanding from the whole thing. Interesting to see how it changes things for the storyline and how you sometimes give it your own interpretation.

Matt

Anonymous said...

1. Nowhere, Massachusetts
2. Santa Clarita California ...i think.
3. The Cal bears, the Raider, the lakers, the A's
4. New Bruneswick
5. Sacremento
6. Fort Nowhere
7.UCSB
8. Scott(12), Trevor (6),for andrew. For amy: Mike (85), Darth Godwin (7), Neal the Destroyer (45) and Malcom X (deceased)
9.Green
10. Santa Clarita Baptist Church
11. Freddie.
12.currently? 6.75
13. 37 cents
14. Chuck Norris
15. Either Mark Twain or Oscar Wilde
~Mike

Anonymous said...

Oh, and more Mark Twain: "clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence upon society."
~Mike again

Amy said...

Sigh... apparently my trivia game was not much fun to our readers. I'll still hold off on the answers until later in the week. Hopefully in that time more people will play!

Amy said...

Ok, here are the answers. Mike, you definitely won, despite your first answer and the fact that you can't spell the capital of the state you have lived in your whole life :-P

1. Methuen, Massacusetts
2. Santa Clarita, California
3. Oakland Athletics, Raiders, LA Lakers, Cal Bears
4. Concord, NH
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Boise, ID
7. Columbia University in NYC (sorry, I meant undergrad and didn't clarify)
8. Scott (18), Trevor (15), Mike (30), Lisa (24), Tom (21), Dan (10)
9. Green
10. Santa Clarita Baptist Church
11. Matthew Olusegun Fajinmi Aremu Obasanjo (at least that's what Wikipedia says) :-)
12. $6.75
13. $.39
14. James S. Sherman
15. Mark Twain (good job Matt!)

Well, I hope that was enjoyable for at least you two! I had fun distracting myself at work :-)