8.21.2006

Our copy machine gun

I've noticed that our copy machine (which is in the room right next to the front lobby where I sit) makes this really strange noise whenever it is out of paper. Most days I think nothing of it, although it is a little annoying when it happens. However, this morning two of the older men who work here (they're in their 60s I'd guess) were in there when it happened. Apparently this was the first time they experienced it because one of them shouted out "What the? Take cover!" That's right, when the copy machine is out of paper it converts to a machine gun. Who says nothing exciting ever happens in an office environment? Seriously. It can get downright DANGEROUS!

Other excitement... The phones stopped working on Friday afternoon so I got to leave a little early. I got home at 5:05. I wanted to come in and say to Happy's dropped jaw, "Wow, traffic was really great today!" But, he wasn't home when I got there and didn't get home until about 5:45. It worked out just fine though. I had dinner mostly ready when he came in and we ate earlier than normal.

Today when I came in, the phones still weren't working. After about two hours of me sitting here coding and checking invoices, our IT guy, Erik, brought out a cell phone and said that all the calls were being forwarded to the cell phone until the fiasco was sorted out. I learned a little today how to use a Verizon phone, which was a great bonus to the lack of a working phone in the office; but alas, the phone is back in working order. Actually, I'd much prefer the phone to work properly than to use the cell phone. As it turns out, AT&T turned off the WRONG phone line and put ours back on once they figured out their mistake (without any sort of apology or compensation). I'm wondering if I'll ever trust AT&T again...

Well, since it's nearly 4, I'm going to get some reading in! I'm a little over halfway through Munich Signature and am loving it! I think I'll finish it this week :-) Have a lovely Monday evening!

No comments: