So I keep trying to post engagement pictures through the wireless network that I'm picking up from someone else, but for some reason, I can't do it. The new date for our phone working is Wednesday, August 23. Then, our DSL should be ready to go a few days later. So I promise that before September there will be pictures on this blog.
This morning, I got up at 5:15 with Amy and got ready for the day. Recently, I've been getting up about an hour after Amy wakes up. But this morning I tested out my route to work (school). I rode my bike (donated by my dad) to the bus stop at Chapman and Beach. When the bus showed up, I pulled the bike rack on the front of the bus down to place mine in it. I had seen some other people do it, but had never done it myself so I had trouble figuring out how to secure my bike. I looked up to see that everyone had boarded the bus and the driver was shaking his head in frustration at me. He came out, showed me how to secure it, and then I got on the bus, trying to keep my head down to avoid the glares I knew were being thrown my way (question: Can you throw a glare? Was that a terrible figure of speeck? I think so). It was 6:54
I got off the bus at Warner and Beach, disengaged my bike (successfully) from the rack and rode the short way down Warner to school. I showed up just before 7:30. 7:30 is when I will need to be at work every morning, so I think I will try to catch the bus a little earlier and show up with more time to spare next time.
Later today, I'll be taking a few routes to get to Irvine and meet Amy for lunch. That ride should take about an hour.
In other pertinent news, I just started J. Gresham Machen's Christianity and Liberalism. Scott gave it to me for my birthday. I'm only 17 pages into it but it's very interesting that many of the things challenging orthodox theology then are the same things challenging it now. This book is still relevant. Thanks, Scott.
Okay, I'm gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment