Yes, it's true, I'm now a Christian school PE teacher. I have a "real" job now in the "adult" world. I am investigating 403(b) retirement options, receiving medical and dental insurance cards, creating lesson plans and the like.
Liberty Christian's first school day is next Tuesday. Only secondary students will attend on Tuesday, to be joined by their younger counterparts in the elementary. I will teach EVERY SINGLE GRADE LEVEL, K-12!
Just an hour ago, I had a conversation with Jane Doney (who went to school with my parents and says I look like my dad!), the wife of the principal (and my boss) Thom Doney and the newly designated Curriculum and Development Coordinator (or something like that; I can't remember the exact title). I had many questions for her about PE, school policy, school philosophy and beliefs, etc. After the conversation, I realized that I hadn't really stopped to think about the incredible blessing and responsibility I have to be a Christian school teacher. I actually thought: "I have the chance to truly impact kids' lives!" I got so excited! I got so concerned to be an effective teacher! I got emotional to give back to students what my teachers over the years gave to me!
Things are busy and I need to go get on my bike and take the bus back to Stanton (Liberty is about six miles from our apartment) and go to the post office to get two packages that can't fit in our narrowly claustrophobic mailbox. Ta ta for now!
See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.
Rejoice always;
pray without ceasing;
in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
I Thessalonians 5:15-18
1 comment:
Yes! You! A teacher! Remember when you were a senior in high school and I asked you if you wanted to be a pastor/youth pastor? You responded with an emphatic "No!". Then I asked if you wanted to be a teacher and with a grimace on your face you replied with a disgusted "No!"
You have always been good with kids, been able to get a good response from them. Your Dad and I will be praying as you begin your teaching career (and coaching career!) at LCS and that you would know the rewards it can bring.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment