8.11.2006

Office Fridays

Quick update on the phone... Surprise surprise, it didn't work yesterday so Happy called and they supposedly were going to send someone out this morning between 8 am and noon. I called Happy around 11 and they still hadn't showed up. Has anyone else had problems like this with their phone company? Seriously, it is indeed getting frustrating (probably even more so for Happy who has been dealing with most of it).

I finished The Promise. It was pretty good, but I liked The Chosen more. Now I'm 30 pages into Munich Signature and already hooked! If anyone's looking for a really great historical fiction series, this one's excellent! I know my mom-in-law would agree :-)

Fridays in the office are great. Angie brings bagels and cream cheese for everyone and it's casual Friday. It actually isn't much of a difference for most of the people around here, but for me it is! I'm wearing my BOSTON shirt and jeans. Most of the guys in the office wear polo shirts and jeans every day though. The main difference I see is.... myself and Bree (the other receptionist who now helps out in the Accounting Dept.). Then again, this is only my second Friday. Maybe I'll notice the subtle changes in people's wardrobes as time goes on....

Aside from Munich Signature, Happy asked me to read the main article in Christianity Today's August issue. It is called The Case for Kids and I'm about halfway through it. The subtitle is "A defense of the large family by a 'six-time breeder.'" It's been eye-opening for me up to this point, but also kind of sad. I would highly recommend any woman thinking of having a child (ever at any point in her life) to take a look at it. Actually, even those who think they don't want to have any children might want to read it. Anyway, there's my update for today. Lunch time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two should have six kids. You know how many stories Crazy Uncle Mike could come up with if you had six kids? it would be amazing.
~Mike

the Rehrers said...

Does Happy's cell phone still work? I have tried to call but it goes right to voice mail every time. Hope you guys are doing great, and I look forward to talk to you soon. We had issues with At&T but nothing to this magnitude. I switched to SBC but now they are again joined with AT&T. You just can't escape.

Matt R

Amy said...

Mike, we all know you are crazy, but Happy and I don't need to have six kids to confirm that. At least, I hope we don't need to have six kids to confirm that! Yikes. I'm sure the stories you could and WOULD come up with would be quite amazing, but maybe you could still come up with them if we just had 4 kids... :-)

Matt, my guess would be you have his old cell phone number with the 661 area code. If that's true, he doesn't use it anymore. He has a new one and I'll be sure he calls you to let you know what it is very soon! The new one is a 714 area code since we moved down to Orange County, so if you notice a random number calling you with a 714 area code, it very well may be Happy.