It's Wednesday and it feels like Friday in the office. Rebecca asked me if I could come in at 7 on Friday instead of 8 and stay til 5. I said that would be fine. However, I'm also told that the Friday before a 3-day weekend is usually so dead that we might all leave by 3! Crazy. I'm curious how the traffic is at 6 vs. 7 am... hm... guess I'll figure that out on Friday.
I just got back from a lovely lunch. Every day I make my lunch here at work (the kitchen is stocked with lunch-fixings for us!) and sit outside on a dirty lawn chair at a spider-webbed table, reading. I've finished Munich Signature and am now on to the fourth book of the Thoene series, Jerusalem Interlude. Even though I had said before that I was going to read Mere Christianity, I decided that I'd finish this series before moving on. Plus, I got so sucked in to all that's going on! I cried at the end of the last book and definitely wanted to throw it across the room by the time I got to the last page. Yeah, I was angry at the outcome, but not angry enough to stop reading the series :-)
This morning I searched for thrift stores near our apartment. I came up with a large list and typed it out on a Word document. Guess what we're doing this weekend?? :-D
By the way, we purchased a plant last week (I think) at the grocery store. The leaves on the ends are already withering. Sigh... I've been keeping it watered too. Maybe I just need to let it get some more sunlight? I dunno. Maybe I should resign myself to the fact that if I ever want to have plants, they will be made of silk. Oh well!
Yesterday Happy had to wear a tie to school for his teacher ID card. He looked good :-) Ok, I won't elaborate and lose readers... hehe... Back to work! Have a lovely afternoon!
2 comments:
Amy,
I was told that if the leaves on your plants turn yellow that you have watered too much. If they turn brown, you have not watered enough. Also, someone told me that you need to only water once a week; how much water is another story!
I found that Jerusalem Interlude in the slowest book of the series although you will probably find it more interesting with having studied in and about Israel. I remember the anger too when reading this series; even though you are reading fiction there are so many fact based events going on leading up to WWII.
I too think Gilmore men look most handsome when they dress up!!Love,
Mom
I can't figure out my plant! It is still withering and I can't figure out if it needs more water or less. Maybe it needs to be outside? Oh well, hopefully I can revive it eventually. If not, maybe I'll get a fish :-)
Post a Comment