8.14.2006

Cloudy morning

What a wonderful weekend! Saturday Happy and I went to help Heather move and got to see not only Heather, but Nick, Travis, Brian, Becca and Christie! Coming home made me realize how blessed we are to have friends who are willing to help in a moment's notice. Plus, it was good to see everyone after moving to a new place where we have yet to meet many people.

A random thing I've noticed about myself (which I'm sure Happy has noticed already) is that I almost always forget to put silverware and serving spoons on the dinner table. Actually, I usually forget them for every meal. I bring all the food out and sit down and then I realize that I can't move the food from the pot to our plates. Is this something I just need to get used to? I hope so!

Tonight I'm cutting Happy's hair. The other day he wet his hair and stuck it up in every direction (which he is accustomed to doing from time to time) and said "Whoa! My hair is REALLY long! Hey... can you cut my hair soon?" He's a funny one.

Bree called in to work today which means I don't have a whole bunch to do. That also means that I'm really glad I brought my book. I'm only about 60 pages in, but my friend Jeremy has been reading through Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and asking some poignant questions that are making me want to read that book next. It's one of those books that I've always wanted to read and never gotten around to.

This is a seriously random post, but one more thing I wanted to mention. Happy learned this morning that apparently AT&T can't be our provider. He might write more on that, but now he'll be contacting Verizon and hopefully they will have much better customer service than AT&T! I wonder if that means our "home" phone number (which never actually worked for us) will change? I guess we'll find out! Back to work. Have a lovely day!

No comments: