This will be a quick post simply because I've got other things to do today! Yay! I did want to mention that my first day of work went well and my second day is also going well. I'm enjoying meeting my co-workers and learning (slowly) who everyone is, but the commute home is a little rough. Yesterday it took me an hour and twenty minutes. After spending a half hour crawling 4 miles on the 405 I decided to get off the freeway and try my luck with the streets. At the third "road construction" place I came to, I began getting frustrated. Needless to say, I need to figure out a way to keep my patience on the ride home and even use the time productively. Although I have a few ideas, I'm open to suggestions :-)
Other than that, coming back to reality after the honeymoon and two weeks of moving in is hard! I guess I'm just getting a small taste of what life after college is like. I will say that I'm thoroughly enjoying having no homework and reading whatever I want to read... with no deadlines of when I have to finish a book! Yep... it's pretty cool. So, back to work for me!
2 comments:
I don't know much about LA yet, but I know that the 405 is supposed to be the WORST freeway. Maybe you can find an alterate route? When I am stuck in traffic I like to listen to my Learn Russian tapes. It makes me feel like I am not wasting my time. I am so glad you like your job! Thanks for helping us move!
Raphaelle,
I've been testing out different routes. On Friday I went a different way and it only took an hour. I figure I just need to find some side roads that avoid lights and I'll be ok... hopefully...
It was really nice to see you and Mike last weekend! Hopefully with you much closer we'll actually get to see each other a bit more :-)
Post a Comment