8.03.2006

Thank you for calling...

Hello from work! Yes, I'm at work. Yes, I'm allowed to do pretty much anything (reading, checking email, posting on my blog...) to help pass the time, particularly while I'm training and just waiting for the phone to ring. My first day is going by rather quickly especially considering I'm not doing much except answering the phones. I've been reading my book too. I'm reading The Promise by Chaim Potok. It's sort of a sequel to The Chosen which Happy gave me for Christmas two years ago. As of right now (150 pages into the book) I'm enjoying it, but I like The Chosen better. Oh well, it's not bad and still has another 200+ pages to get really good!

Yep, so there's not a ton for me to do here yet, but I'm told I'll get more, which I'm ok with. I'm becoming proficient at using the phones, which is not too hard since this phone system is probably the simplest, most user-friendly I've ever operated. Everyone is very friendly and the ladies treated me to lunch at The Olive Garden :-) Lovely!

Update on the fridge situation: Happy called Sears and they are bringing us an entirely new refrigerator on Sunday. We're thankful for the exchange and very much hoping this one will work from the start!

Happy's birthday was yesterday, as he mentioned, and I made cheesecake and lobster and we went to the baseball game. We even got shrimp and fruit like he said. Let me tell you, the lobster thing was QUITE the event! First of all, Happy didn't know that you buy the lobsters live and stick them (alive) straight into the boiling water. Second, I didn't know that it really does help to "hypnotize" the lobsters before putting them in the water. I didn't hypnotize the first one and as soon as it's claw touched the water, it stuck all its legs out so I had a really hard time getting it in the pot. Smart little guy. Anyway, I won. Happy ate him and we both enjoyed our lobsters (using Raphaelle's bridal shower gift!). It was a fun day AND the A's won, which made Happy's birthday significantly better than it would have been if they lost. Well, that's a lot to read, so I'll get back to "work" (reading my book)! God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo-ooo! The Chosen was a GREAT book!! I loved it, and when I tried to read The Promise I found I couldn't get into it. Alas!

Anyway I emailed you and told you about the great book I'm reading (and that it's part of a series!), perhaps it's one you'd like?

I'm loving all these updates :-) I hope the new fridge works. Turn it on high, just to be sure!!

Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

What are you reading?!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel. Almost done, and looking forward to the 2nd in the series, The Valley of Horses.

Lisa