I shaved 20 minutes off my commute home on Friday. I figure that is better, but I'd really like to make it MUCH shorter. Today I'm going to test out some random side streets and hopefully those will be better. We'll see!
Our refrigerator came yesterday and guess what? IT WORKS!!! Happy and I went grocery shopping after it was delivered and now we have real food. I made pizza for dinner and it was pretty good. I made a "menu" for the week too, which is weird because I've never had to make meals before. Tonight I'm making lasagne (or lasagna) but I have yet to figure out how to actually do it. Should be interesting :-)
On a less interesting note, we've only got a few boxes left to unpack! Plus, I organized our mess of a closet yesterday and things feel much neater now. I like it :-) With so many less boxes, I was going to vacuum too, but Happy did it for me. What a wonderful husband! It's starting to feel more like home. Now I just need to get used to the "city noises" at night. Seriously, the other night it sounded like someone was dragging buckets of gravel around and then picking them up and dropping them right outside our window at like 12:30 am. Who does that? Maybe I'll invest in some earplugs...
Alright, back to work for me. Does anyone have any easy/tasty recipes for two that they want to suggest? Raphaelle, I KNOW you'll have something to say to this and please do!
2 comments:
I keep waking up in the middle of the night too. Might have something to do with the bright lights of the next-door motel shining in our room!
Well, if you are willing to go to the trouble of lasange, I suggest you also look into making enchiladas. They are about as much work but cheaper. There is so much room for experimenting with enchilades- different fillings, different sauces, different cheeses. I'll send you a recipe. Cooking Light is a nice cooking magazine with great recipes - you should check it out.
Love, Raphaelle
Post a Comment