3.16.2007

Never Assume

Dr. Albert Mohler, president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. His name has been splashed onto the front pages of blogs, internet news sites and newspapers across America.

Why?

Because of this article that he wrote at his website about the many-headed issue of homosexuality. He wrote a follow-up article today to repeat, clarify and defend what exactly it was that he said. He has been misrepresented, misquoted and misidentified by many outlets of the news media.

Read this article and Dr. Mohler's before you make any comments. Notice his call for love over hate in responding to this situation This is a firestorm that is not likely to go away anytime soon.

2 comments:

~~~ said...

Thanks for all the links. I read through them all, and Mr. Mohler certainly raises a lot of interesting questions. It's so interesting to read about Christian responses to homosexuality as they are so different from my own.

Do you agree with the claims of Mr. Mohler? This would be an intersting thing to talk about over spaetzel!

Happy said...

So far as I can see and understand some of the science, I agree with him. It would sure be interesting to hear your views because it would help me to understand others' perspectives. I especially noted his comment on truly believing and therefore acting out the phrase, "love the sinner, hate the sin."

Mmm, spaetzle sounds really good. Let's do it! Oh, and then go bowling!