Yesterday I spoke in secondary chapel. It was a humbling experience. The message was entitled "Contentment: Discovering the Secret to Satisfaction - God's Way." I was given about twenty minutes to speak and spoke for about twenty-five minutes (oops!). Every day last week I studied with my Bible, a MacArthur Study Bible, a book of illustrations and quotes (thanks mom!), a dictionary, and a Bible commentary. My primary text was Philippians 4:10-19. It was challenging to me to communicate the very words of Almighty God to a group of junior highers and high schoolers.
I learned why pastors have to spend 20-30 hours every week preparing their sermon. My notes were not as cohesive as I would have liked. I also learned to make my notes in a large enough font so that I can read them when I glance at them on the podium.
All praise and honor is Gods' for all the kids and teachers that commended me for the message.
Soli Deo Gloria
1 comment:
Hap...I don't doubt the Lord's refining work in your life. Even Jr./High School chapels, this side of college will definitely be used to change you. I'm sure those are humbling and fun times. Good work man!
Post a Comment