10.20.2012

What's on the ground?

This morning when I woke up it was overcast. Oh. Yes. Water even fell from the sky. Sure, it was in very tiny mist-like droplets, but it was water. From the sky. Otherwise known as RAIN.

For this reason I decided to make comfort food for dinner: spaetzle (egg noodles) and lentil soup. So thankful for my spaetzle maker!

I intended to take a picture of my plate but I couldn't reach the camera from where I sat. And you just can't let spaetzle and lentil soup get cold. Maybe when I have the leftovers I'll take a picture. If I remember.

The past few nights we've been putting the girls to bed at the same time and it's been going fairly well. Before that I'd put Emma down and then Alice once Emma started quieting down. Inevitably Alice would be past tired when she finally made it to bed and Emma would wake up and re-start her before-bed-squealing. This then turned into a cycle of Alice screeching, Emma crying, Alice wailing, Emma banging her legs on the mattress, Alice sobbing. You get the idea. Not the most pleasant for anyone really. Tonight marks the third night in a row of girls getting to bed without excessive amounts of screaming. Just to clarify, the screaming comes from them, not Andrew & me. At least, not audible screaming from us...

I'm optimistic that we've turned over a new leaf (HA, get the autumn reference?!?) with the girls and they'll do much better sharing a room from here on out. I'm not being sarcastic.

The dishes are calling. You know what they're saying? "Where did the counter go?"

No comments: