Can't really believe this is October. Maybe it's the 100 degree weather. Or maybe... No, it's the 100 degree weather.
Can't stand their cute-ness in this picture. See the toys in the background? That's pretty tame.
Emma is clapping a lot these days and dancing whenever she hears music. Actually, any time she hears any kind of rhythm she moves. For example, she often starts to bob her head while I'm burping her. Hilarious. She's super smiley, very ticklish, and loves playing peek-a-boo. Though she's not too fond of using her knees to get around, she's got no trouble getting where she wants to go by army crawling on her belly. She will also play by herself forever, unless she gets hungry. But at that point she just crawls over to me and tries to crawl up my legs. So cute.
Alice spends much of her time (when not throwing a tantrum) playing with "Doll" and "Baby" (I get real creative with naming dolls...) and having tea parties with her stuffed animals. Today we made diapers for doll (out of old socks-thanks Mike!) in mommy's attempt to distract Alice. It lasted maybe two minutes. Ah well, I tried. She's also a book-a-holic, like her daddy. When tea parties get old, she'll bring book after book after book for mommy to read. I'd prefer this over watching Elmo sing songs on YouTube, which is perhaps her most favorite thing in the world. This activity, however, is reserved for when mommy needs to take a shower and keep Alice in one place (and doesn't have to listen to Elmo singing songs that have the ability to get stuck in your head for the next month).
Now I go to bed. Hopefully our room has cooled off a bit, even though the thermometer is claiming 80 degrees.
No comments:
Post a Comment