10.23.2012

Happy Birthday!

To my brother, Dan! Today he's 17, which means I'm... older. And feeling REALLY older knowing he's only one year away from 18: a legal ADULT. Weird.

Emma is also a nine months old (as of last week), which meant another well-baby check-up. This time, thankfully, without any shots. Alice came with me because our appointment time ran into Andrew's class time. That was exciting. She definitely remembered her last visit there and had several freak-out moments at a few key points in the doctor's office. Awesome.

But Emma is nine months old! HOLY MOLY where does the time go? Sure, she still looks like a six month old, but she's started pulling up on everything. Today she shuffled her feet while standing precariously perched alongside a semi-sturdy toy bin. She's way too independent for a nine month old.

Nine months old! Yep. She's 16 lbs. 5 oz and 26.5" long. Her head is 44 cm around. This may mean nothing to you if you don't have a baby in your life so I'll break it down with percentiles. Her head is in the 49th percentile (down from 69th at her 6 month visit). Her length percentile has also decreased. She's currently the 15th percentile, down from 65th. Weight? Yeah, last time was the 13th percentile but this time is the 9th percentile. So, that's the smallest change from last time! But, yeah, she's quite petite. Probably not a future basketball star.

No teeth yet. I'm fine with that.

She's definitely crawling on her knees more. Not completely done with the army crawl, but realizing that knees can be very helpful in seeing things up higher. I'm a little nervous that she'll be the kid who scales our entertainment center when I've got my head turned. Oh, and the doctor said she's going to be a dancer or a gymnast because she's incredibly flexible. Spiderbaby?

2 comments:

pellg said...

she looks so much more like alice in that picture than I have seen before. i feel like we were both pregnant just yesterday, but it was 3 years ago. 3 years ago?!

Amy said...

Yes, it does feel like I was pregnant with Alice yesterday. And somehow that works with feeling pregnant with Emma yesterday too... Or something... And, yes, Emma's starting to look more like Alice, who apparently looks a lot like me. Particularly if you cover her nose... One of these days I'll get pictures of me as a toddler on here. Genetics. Crazy.