8.16.2007

Facebook

I caved. After much prodding from a few different sources, I decided to start my own Facebook account yesterday morning. Between now and then I've gotten back in touch with several friends that I'd lost contact with since leaving New Hampshire. Weird how certain things speak to my generation. Funny how I'm writing this on a blog...

So I'll be honest and say that since I started Facebook it's pretty much been on my mind constantly as I contemplate "I wonder who's my friend now... I wonder if anyone wrote a message to me... I wonder if someone wrote on my wall.... I wonder if there's a new graffiti yet..." The list goes on. I'm hoping that it only takes a little while for me to get used to the Facebook thing so perhaps I can actually focus on other things. Ok, so it hasn't been as much of an obsession as I'm making it sound, but I definitely spent most of yesterday playing around on Facebook while I was at work with nothing to do. It really did help my day go by much faster!

But, I'm still more of a blogger than a Facebook-er(?) at heart. Basically, I like to write and share pictures, which is what blogging is all about. Facebook has all these other cool things to distract from the writing that are too much for my technologically challenged self. Ok, I'm not that technologically challenged. I just like blogging. So, feel free to check out my new Facebook profile. Leave a message on my wall... draw some graffiti art.... share some pictures (only good ones though).... :-D But don't forget the blog either!!

2 comments:

~~~ said...

thanks amy. now I'm totally obsessed too!

Amy said...

Raphaelle, I think it'll probably wear off after a little while. At the beginning you're getting notifications ALL the time, but thankfully it slows down! Did you guys go to Prague this weekend? I can't wait to see pictures!