10.17.2006

Update

I'm on my lunch break and decided to leave a lackadaisical post:

Current book I'm reading: Uh, nothing because I just finished Albert Camus's The Stranger. Next up, probably one of the three books Mike just mailed to me (thanks Mike, they arrived safe and sound).

Current article I'm reading: "Must I Learn How To Interpret The Bible?" by DA Carson. Fascinating read; I'm learning a lot.

Next movie I'd like to see: Tie. The Good Shepherd and The Prestige both look very promising (but we all know how very often Hollywood breaks its promises).

Classic movie I'd like to see: The Big Sleep.

What I'm planning on doing in 15 minutes: Teach my junior highers some volleyball techniques while trying to keep the boys from spitting on each other.

Out.

5 comments:

~~~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yes, i misspelled your name. But you have to understand the various pressures I am under as a leader of men. Surely you can empathize.
~Mike

Amy said...

I can surely empathize Mik. Don't you worry a bit!

Anonymous said...

Thats one sarcastic wife you got there cuz.
~Mike

Happy said...

Somehow, Raphaelle's comment got deleted. I'm not sure how that happened.

Anyway, I wasn't sure exactly what to think of The Stranger. I only knew that my professor had talked about him and Sartre in class several times.

It seemed pointless to me. As in, Camus was pointing out the pointlessness of life. His defense for shooting another man is paper-thin and his reasoning that the hot, reflective sand made him do it is ridiculous. I don't what else to say. Any thoughts on it?