10.23.2006

Almost November??

Saturday night Jared & Daina (from my work) came over for dinner, to carve pumpkins and to play Cranium. Hopefully at some point we'll figure out how to get pictures on our blog because the pumpkins came out REALLY awesome! Plus, it was lots of fun hanging out with Jared & Daina, even though they did beat us at Cranium.

Sunday afternoon we went to a farmers' market with Steven & Emily (from church) and to lunch at Red Robin. We got to know them a lot better, which was really cool. Steven & Emily are in the "young marrieds" Sunday school class with us. Emily is in charge of the Valentine's Day banquet at the church and asked me if I'd be interested in helping her with all the planning. Of course I said I would (and am VERY excited about it!) so our lunch on Sunday was meant to talk more about the banquet and planning for it. Yes, we both forgot to bring up that subject so we'll be talking at some point this week.

So, our weekend was pretty full. Saturday morning we did lots of cleaning and laundry (5 loads!) and Sunday after lunch we went grocery shopping. When we got home I cut Happy's hair and then took a nap, even though it was 6 pm :-) I woke up around 7:15, ate dinner, read a went back to bed by 9:15. We were planning on going for a bike ride at some point, but it just didn't happen. Perhaps a bike ride will happen tonight...? We'll see.

Something I've been noticing lately about life after college: it's just as busy now as it was in college--but a different kind of busy and without the stress of homework and deadlines.

By far the strangest thing about life after college: I feel like I'm getting older, but time is standing still. Perhaps that has something to do with the lack of seasons in southern California, but it feels as though nothing is changing and then all of a sudden the day, week, month is gone and it's the next one. Weird. I guess it felt like that in college a little, but at least I had the measure of semesters. Now time just goes on without any sort of measurement. I remember being around 12 years old thinking that days were so long and I could never imagine myself as a grown-up. When I was about 4 or 5 years old I told my mom that I never wanted to grow up. The reason--then I couldn't wear my favorite shirt (the one I had that matched the one that My Buddy wore). Now I still don't consider myself a "grown-up," but I do notice that kids look younger and younger to me.

So here's my question to be answered by those who may not consider themselves "grown-up" but technically are "grown-up." Do you remember thinking all this kind of stuff? Do you still think this kind of stuff? Does every generation look at the next generation and think, "When I was that age..."? I look forward to LOTS of comments :-) Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm...Well, to be honest, I really remember nothing of my youth. I know, horrible of me. Ask Andrew, i have an awful memory. Except of course, for important events like where I first pitched the idea of the Story to Mr. Gilmore. So i dont remember how i felt about the days gone by, whether I thought them long or short. But based on how i feel now, Days seem to go by extraordinarily slow. Well, I still look forward to Disneyland, like I did when i was a kid. Also, i enjoy baths. that answer your question?
~Mike