Since I've run out of things to do at work, I thought I'd spend a few minutes updating about the happenings of our life.
For those of you who have been wondering, my allergies are doing much better, although I do still get random headaches every so often. But, I'm definitely not as miserable or as exhausted all the time. Praise the Lord for that! Oh, and I'm hoping that I never have to have another scratch test as long as I live. I'm wondering if I should warn all my doctors in the future that I really don't like needles?
Happy has been videotaping Liberty's football games for the season, as you may recall. Last week Liberty lost 64-30 to Saddleback Valley Christian, continuing their losing streak. They are now 0-6 on the season, but everyone was very excited that LCS was able to score a whole 30 points in one game! Actually, it was pretty exciting, despite the comment I heard later that Saddleback Valley was hardly putting forth any effort at all. Interesting how getting more points in one game than you have the entire season can boost your spirits. I will say though that last week's game was much more exciting to watch than most (all?) of the others. Plus, the Saddleback Valley cheerleaders were actually pretty good (even though they did have their share of cheesy cheers--"Let me hear that left foot stomp! Boom! Shake it up, shake it up!") and I got to watch the game with Katie :-)
I finally finished Jerusalem Interlude and have moved on to Danzig Passage, the fifth book of the series. ONE more after this one! I'm hoping to finish them before I go home for Christmas so then I can be reading something else. Like I said a long time ago, I think I want to read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, but we'll see how many times I change my mind. Speaking of books, we finally got our very first dictionary (of our married life)! Happy really loves it. Whenever I ask what a word means he gets an excited look on his face and jumps up to retrieve the dictionary. Oh the joy of little things in life!
Ok, that's all I've got for today. Hopefully the mail will come soon so I can sort it and get to more invoices! It's also payday today so I'll have lots to do once the checks are all cut and signed. YAY!! Have a lovely Wednesday!
1 comment:
Hi Amy,
I thought Jerusalem Interlude was the most boring of the six book series, but that it was very enlightening to hear the beginning history of the state of Israel. Danzig Passage is very interesting and heartbreaking at the same time and really builds in the end. Enjoy! Love,
Mom
Post a Comment