For those who don't know, I LOVE thrift stores. I especially appreciate ones that are well organized and know that they are thrift stores (i.e. CHEAP). This morning we went to my FAVORITE thrift store because as a club member I received 50% off all clothing, shoes & accessories. Woot. I'm totally there. We got a ridiculous amount of clothing for the girls (mainly Alice) and a few things for Andrew & me. I feel much more ready for "winter" in southern California and am thankful that I no longer will need to wash Alice's clothes every few days to keep her in long sleeves :-)
Today marks 36 weeks of pregnancy, which means only four more weeks until my due date. For a good couple weeks I was convinced that Emma was going to come early. I'm not so sure anymore. I think it was just wishful thinking since I'm starting to get more and more uncomfortable. We shall see if there are any changes to report from the next doctor appointment this Friday. It will determine our Christmas whereabouts.
This particular Monday also happens to be the first of SIX Mondays where Andrew will have the day off work AND school. Of course our thrift store morning was something that wouldn't have happened without him. I love having my husband home and less stressed with a break from school. We are so blessed!
4 comments:
So, my son has the day off and he spends it shopping? Where have I failed?
Dad
Amy, did you know The Sheepfold has a thrift store too? 335 E. Grove Ave.
Orange CA 92865
All proceeds go directly to care for the women and children in our shelters. :)
Totally with you on the long sleeves thing... I'm holding out till Christmas, but there might be a thrift store run for us in the near future, too. :) Gotta love Savers.
Hahahaha... Dad, he was serving his wife as she sought out bargains :-) Plus, there's a pretty good book section at this thrift store.
Joanna, I didn't know about the Sheepfold thrift store! I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for letting me know about it!
Sarah, if it's during his break maybe we can convince Happy to watch BOTH girls while we go there :-D Just a thought... if we go on a Monday... It could work!
Post a Comment