I can't believe an entire month went by and nothing was posted on our blog. Actually... I can believe it. Hopefully the rest of December won't be like November was.
Now that it's officially the Christmas season I've been listening to Christmas music almost non-stop. I hope my husband would say something if he's annoyed... He hasn't said anything yet :-)
I also finally made our own advent calendar which I plan to use every year. LOVE IT! I got the idea from a blog I randomly stumbled upon, though I changed a few things based on what I had (or didn't have). Part of my lack of blogging has been trying to get this thing completed during Alice's lamely short naps and once she's in bed. Not to mention the fact that I got the flu right after Thanksgiving and wasn't feeling 100% until about a week ago. Then Alice started throwing up. Oi. When an 18 month old has a tummy ache, there's really no way of knowing until they throw up all over your bedroom floor. Not that it happened that way with us or anything.....
Anyway, the advent calendar is FINALLY done and I'm getting back into the swing of things after a really wonderful (despite the flu) break from it during the Thanksgiving week. Finally got the Christmas decorations up on Sunday night and got some much needed cleaning done around the apartment. Laundry is in full swing... actually almost done so I'd better get these pictures up... Plus Alice (of course) is awake after a 1 hr 20 min nap. Sigh.
I digress. Here are the much anticipated pictures of my handmade advent calendar. Okay, maybe not all that anticipated, but I'm pretty thrilled about it. The last step is to write names of Jesus on the backs of the ornaments along with a reference of where it appears in the bible. Thank you Pastor Ron for that idea!
In other news, Fred the frog finally kicked the bucket. I refuse to believe it was entirely out of neglect, as we hadn't gotten him crickets in quite a while. He was old and, as far as I know, lived a good life. Poor Fred. He's in the dumpster now. It smells a bit nicer around our apartment without him, but he was a very interesting conversation piece. He didn't contribute much to that conversation, but that's okay. He was a cool pet for a few years. Alright, off to get the girl and fold laundry. Happy December!!
3 comments:
I really, really like this advent calendar. And, I am super impressed with your industrial-ness (?) at getting it done at this late stage of your pregnancy. Doesn't this pregnancy seemed to have gone faster than with Alice?
After reading the post after this one, I feel like I need to be packed up and ready to go to Orange county at a moments notice! And by packed up I mean have a new toy for Alice ready, maybe some frozen meals to add to yours and a gift for Emma. You know how organized I am........not! We'll see how God has all the timing planned out for Emma's arrival. Just hope you can be in SM for Christmas!! Love,
Mom in LA county :)
Thanks Mom :-) I really like the calendar too and feel like it was just the sort of thing I could handle at this late stage of pregnancy! Yes, this one has gone faster than with Alice. MUCH faster.
I went to Babies R Us on Friday and got a few baby things that made me feel much better about Emma's coming arrival. That was my panic moment. I'm doing better, though I feel like I need to pack for the hospital now... and go through Alice's clothes to find what Emma will wear home... and install her car seat in my car... and figure out where to go when we get to the hospital......
Okay, need to stop that. I really hope Christmas in SM is possible too! I think as long as I'm not dilated (much) the dr will give us the green light, but we'll let you know for sure!
I am so incredibly sad to hear that Fred is gone!! Oh my gosh! I know he wasn't much fun and all, but what character, and steadfastness. I really liked Fred tremendously and it will be quieter in your house without him... maybe not...
Your advent calendar is great! It looks festive and fun. I'm sure Emma will arrive exactly when she's ready and hopefully you'll all be ready, too! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment