I can't believe it's already September 20. Sorry for the lack of posting these past couple weeks. Apparently being under the weather sucks out of me any desire to blog. I think we're all mostly better now, with a lingering cough or runny nose here and there.
In the last couple days Alice has started to really try to say words. For about the past week she's been making animal noises and before that was particularly interested in the different parts of her face. The cutest and most recent word she's been attempting is "Amen" which sounds more like "ah-nnn." Unfortunately, she's camera shy and I haven't been able to capture ANYthing on video. Most of her performing happens when it's just Mommy & her. Even with Daddy around she gets a little shy at times. I've seriously considered hiding a camera some time and letting it run. Surely I could capture something then...
But did you know that a cow says "buuuuu" and a dog grunts twice and a cat says "mah" and a monkey makes a high pitched "AH" sound? The animal she's closest to the actual sound is a sheep "baaa" and that's stinkin cute. She also does a horse noise that's pretty good and a bear "BAAH!"
Parts of her face & body that she knows: eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, lips, cheeks (some times), chin, ears, hair, hands, knees, and feet. If you ask her "Alice, where is your nose?" She'll usually point to hers and then yours and probably anyone else around who's listening. The same goes with ears and eyes and sometimes a few of the others. When you ask about her mouth she opens it wide and squints her eyes a little. Her tongue is stuck out of her mouth when requested and she runs her fingers over her lips and says "bbbb" when you ask about those.
I know I'm biased, but does every parent think their child is THIS cute???
Oh, and you can find more pictures from the month of September (granted, not that many) on the web album or click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment