9.23.2011

"Nap" Time

12:00PM Alice sits down for lunch
12:40 Alice finishes lunch
12:50 Alice has clean diaper and lays down for nap
1:30 Alice has played/fussed enough for mommy to correctly assume poopy diaper
1:35 Alice lays back down for nap with (another) clean diaper
1:55 Alice still hasn't slept but receives medicine for teething pain
2:15 Alice FINALLY falls asleep
2:55 Alice wakes and begins "unconvincingly awake" fussing
3:45 Alice begins laughing/playing... sounds like sticking her fingers up her nose while saying "nah, nah, nah, nah" (apparently I've heard it enough to be able to identify over the monitor)

So, what's a mom to do? I know she needs sleep, but it's looking like that won't be happening before bed tonight. Perhaps she'll go to bed early? Let's do a comparison of Alice's normal nap time routine:

12:00PM Alice sits down for lunch
12:30 Alice finishes lunch
12:35 Alice has clean diaper and lays down for nap
12:45 Alice is asleep
2:30-3:00 Alice wakes up from nap and plays happily
3:30 Alice is retrieved, cheerful and well-rested

Okay, I guess today I just lose. Perhaps this means she's getting her molars. I'll be sure to update if something happens in the coming days/weeks. It would be REALLY perfect if they decided to cause her the most pain during our flight to DC/Virginia and then is a disaster the entire week we're there. Am I being too sarcastic?

Seeing as today is the official first day of autumn, of course I had to change the theme of the blog. Even though I've had my autumn decorations up in our apartment since August 31, I decided not everyone shares my enthusiasm for the best season of the year so as to see it on the blog the second school starts. Now Alice is back to unhappy fussing. I think she's good and awake now. No chance of a good nap today. Oi. Have a lovely weekend! And happy birthday Scott!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amy, I love the sarcasm, don't stop! :) I think Alice is just having a little fun with you to make you crazy, haha!