8.17.2011

The Nursery (Take 2)

As I was going through Caleb's clothing (well, really it's Alice's gender neutral clothing that she's handing down to her brother) again today, it occurred to me that I don't remember this eager anticipation feeling with Alice. Perhaps there was more fear of the unknown with her arrival... maybe with the overshadowing of going back to work after maternity leave... not to mention nursing for the first time... Anyway, I've had some MAJOR nesting "symptoms," if that's what you call it. The latest was the purchase of a glider with matching ottoman from craigslist. I decided it would be good to have since I had been standing and rocking Alice to bed at night. As she is now around 25lbs and my belly is getting more and more prominent (had a stranger ask me today if I was expecting #2), holding her like that is HARD. Sitting and rocking with her is easier.
All that to say, we made the purchase on Saturday and I spent the rest of the day moving around and redecorating Alice's/soon-to-be also Caleb's room. I'm such a dork. I was most proud of myself for not purchasing anything new (aside from the obvious chair & ottoman) in my redecorating. Not to mention, the blanket my mom knit for Alice (which I LOVE) is now out in plain view, along with the beautiful quilt made by a very talented lady in my church (which I also LOVE). I then spent much of Monday sorting all of Alice's baby clothes and reorganizing her closet. The nursery is ready. Now I just need another baby to add to it!

No comments: