Yesterday was also the first day I had to teach my Bible class (second period) and eighth grade homeroom class. I went over the PE syllabus with 38 junior highers this afternoon. That class is really going to test my patience and my classroom management skills. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have at least 43 students signed up for junior high PE! AHHHHH!!! Yesterday I also went over some basic introductory rules and procedures with the high schoolers in PE. To end class, we played Big Booty. If you don't know how to play, then you need to learn. It's so fun!
Today was my first day of lecturing in Bible and I basically filled up the whole period lecturing on Bibliology, the origin of the Bible, the Canon, etc. It was fun. I learned a lot from it and figured out some things I need to do better. I'm really looking forward to the rest of year in that class.
Last, here's a random list of trips - in no particular order - we would like to go on in the coming years. It started as a way to figure out what we want to do next summer for vacation and expanded from there. What do you think? Any comments or questions?
1. Go camping with my parents and brothers.
2. Go camping with Emily and Steven at Buckeye Flats in Sequoia National Park.
3. Hike Half-Dome in Yosemite with Amy.
4. Climb Mt. Whitney with guys from Village!
5. Go to Monterey.
6. Visit New England in the Fall (Octoberish).
7. Visit Aunt Cindy in Colorado.
8. Take a road trip to Idaho.
9. Take a road trip to Seattle and visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Barbara.
10. Visit the UK.
3 comments:
If you're going all the way to Seattle, I suggest you go a few more hours to British Columbia. It's so incredibly beautiful.
Santa Maria anyone? home of the Tri-Tip?
~Mike
Mike - Obviously, we would stop by in Santa Maria on the way to Monterey or Seattle. Do you doubt me?
Raphaelle - That's a great idea. I will keep that in mind for future trips!
Post a Comment