All in all, I had two long shots of Novocaine on the outer gums to numb the two major nerves that are connected to the tooth. Then I had several (I didn't count because I was trying to transport myself by singing the aforementioned song) smaller shots on the inner gums by the tooth just before he shaved the inside of the tooth. The shaving of my tooth was not a big deal, aside from the smell and little bits of silver flying all over the place. They took an impression, made a temporary crown for me, glued it on and sent me on my way. I'll go back on the 24th after work to get the real crown.
There was only one point at which I was concentrating on anything and everything to get myself not to puke, but I was thankfully already lying down. Leaving the dentist, I was shaky and still feeling a bit ill and traumatized so I was glad Happy was there to drive me home. Once the Novocaine wore off, the throbbing started and now my jaw is pretty sore on the left side of my mouth. But, I slept great and can talk without a problem, so answering the phones today is just like normal. I figure it probably would have saved me a bunch of hassle (not to mention a bunch of money) if I hadn't gotten a cavity in the first place. So that's the wisdom I have to share from this experience: Don't get cavities.
No comments:
Post a Comment