1.30.2007

Spaetzle and Lentil Soup!

I thought I'd let you all know that there are more pictures in our web albums. This is Happy's first baking experience, or at least his first baking experience as a married man. He made corn muffins and they were excellent!

There are also pictures of me making spaetzle and lentil soup for the first time! Both came out good and I had fun making them. Then again, the lentil soup didn't take much.... I just put everything in the crockpot and let it do all the work. Crockpots are great :-)

The other album that I added is from this weekend when we went to Pasadena to have breakfast with "the guys" and Katie. Then we went to Christie's tennis match. I have a better idea of how tennis works, but I was completely ignorant before. I think now I'd say I can watch a game and sort of understand what's going on. It was kind of cool though since Happy and I will have tennis courts to use at our new apartment! Ok, that's it for this morning. Have a good Tuesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I believe that was Andrew's first baking experience ever; that is, on his own, married or not. You didn't include the funny story about him making them. They did come out well, but what about the torture the batter went through first!! The lentil soup was super delicious; I had it two more times at home and so did your father-in-law (he thought it was great too). My first ever experience with eating spaetzle was good as well, even if I didn't have full use of my taste buds. Stay dry, MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are so gangster Gilmore.
~Mike

Jen said...

hey, there are a few missing from the pan. Were they the burned ones? :)

Unknown said...

Glad to see you cooking...do you smell that? oh wait that's me...my bad....

Where did you all go on your honeymoon?

Where are you all living by the way?

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

I really like that Darth Maul glove you're wearing. Where did you pick that up? By the way, I think Lucas should have kept Maul throughout the entire series. He was a great villain.

Dad

Happy said...

Sorry to disappoint, Dad, but those are red peppers on the glove. I know, slightly less cool.

Travis Dalton said...

Hap you look positively domestic!