1.24.2007

Bacteria

Yes, that's what's in my sinuses right now. After a couple weeks of fairly regular headaches and fatigue (and at the prompting of my wonderful husband) I finally visited my allergist to see if there was something wrong. He said my ears look great, which I'm very thankful for, but my nose is a mess. Actually, he looked in my nose and said "You have a bacterial infection in your nose." He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic, which I began taking last night. I'm thankful that it seems to be as simple as that. I'm hoping that it is.

I learned last night that most nasal passages are like a maze, designed to keep bacteria from getting into the sinuses where it can cause worse problems. Unfortunately for me, my nasal passages are keeping the bacteria in my nose. Bummer. But, God's design is pretty amazing. He's got great ideas :-)

No comments: