John Piper had some interesting comments on how Christians should respond to the controversy over the Pope's statements about Islam and the violent and loud reactions from around the Muslim world. Go here.
Tonight, Amy and I are going back to Norwalk to try to get the ball rolling on getting Amy's name officially changed to Gilmore. Lord-willing, everything will go smoothly.
Last movie we watched: Lawrence of Arabia.
2 comments:
I am interested to hear specifically what in that article you found interesting... Details!!!
First of all, please leave your name so I know who I am talking to.
Second, I think that the tone of Piper's article is very humble. That is important because many Christians would make the prideful mistakes of blasting Muslims and blasting the pope and blasting the Roman Catholic Church and on and on. That is not biblical. Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't think critically about these issues, but attacking people with generalities and arrogant epithets is NOT the way Jesus went about controversial issues in the gospels.
Point number three hit close to home for me because I have created my own defense mechanism to respond to anyone who says anything "nice" about Muslims. I've allowed myself to slip into a very generalized condemnation of all Muslims as death-loving extremists.
Piper did not give ground on any bedrock, foundational theological issues either. He pronounced Islam as a false religion and called for Christians to pray for these people.
Post a Comment