Today is an all-day seminar called "Get Motivated!" which about a dozen of the guys are going to. This means it will be a quiet and slow day. Good thing I have stuff to keep me busy :-)
I thought I'd let you all know (mostly my Mom and Mom-in-law who may be interested) that I decided to try to drown my plant--in a good way! Up to this point I've only watered it two or three times because I stick my finger in the dirt and find that it is still very moist. I thought perhaps the plant needs more water than I think plants need. Actually, that's the only thing I could think to do. Happy and I have been trying to give it more light which only seems to wither the leaves faster. So I watered it this morning before leaving for work. I'll let you know if it starts to perk up in the next few days.
My ride home yesterday was again a little over an hour. I think it had to do with the fact that it was the Tuesday after a holiday weekend. I'm hoping that's the reason. Plus, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are characteristically worse than Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays traffic-wise. You may wonder why Thursdays aren't as bad as the other mid-week days... Thursday is carpool day at many offices! I learned this once I began working in an office. Interesting. If I were running office carpools, I'd make our carpool day on Tuesday or Wednesday simply because everyone else takes Thursday. Hm. Oh well!
Yesterday for dinner was marinated chicken with pasta salad and peas. I found the recipe for the marinade online and it tasted pretty good. I forget the name of it, but it was pretty much a pineapple-ginger flavor. Kind of sweet with a little kick. Happy liked it :-) I think it'll stay in my box of recipes! Speaking of which, Mom-in-law--I need to get your snickerdoodle recipe!
Ok, back to coding invoices! God bless and have a Christ-centered day!
1 comment:
Hey Amy -
Is you have some extra time, these are fun sites.
www.epicurious.com and
www.saveurmagazine.com
Drowning your plants sounds like a good idea, although I have to admit, I a little worried about your plant now.
Love, Sister-in-Law
Post a Comment