9.25.2012

The Temperature Started with a 7

Yes, that's right. Today's high was 79 degrees. Even though we'll be back up into the 90s within a week, it was still really REALLY awesome.

Woke up this morning with a sore throat. After a cup of hot water/lemon/honey, I've been drinking water like it's my job. The girls are in bed. Asleep even! I think the baby crazies have been largely weather related. Good to know what I have to look forward to with the warmer weather making a comeback.

Why does bleach burn in your nostrils? I can still smell it, more than 5 hours later.

Tonight Alice is wearing pants to bed (pink ones with strawberries all over, which she loves) and Emma is wearing footie pjs (size 3-6 months, which are finally getting a little snug on her). These girls are so cute.

It's starting to become apparent that Alice is perhaps leaning towards becoming a girly girl. Every day she wants to wear a dress. To be exact, she wants to wear her fancy Easter dress (pictured here --> ). Once dressed she literally takes two or three minutes (an eternity for a two year old) deciding which shoes she wants to wear. Often she'll get one pair on, then take them off and get another pair to wear instead. Then I need to fix her ponytails. Usually she opts for two ponytails, not just one. Or, she changes her mind when I'm halfway through, exclaiming "Done, done, done, done!" (Translation: "One, one, one, one!") Am I headed down the path of a frilly, indecisive girly girl? Will she love PINK?!?!

I try to comfort myself with the fact that she's kind of a bruiser, frequently sporting bruises, cuts and bumps. This is probably more owing to her being a two year old. I know. I'm grasping at straws. I don't stand a chance.

I made some banana oatmeal cookies and they're kind of delicious. They taste like banana bread, but with oatmeal and cinnamon spectacular-ness.

Sometimes when I re-read my posts I realize how tired I am. This is one of those times. I think I'll go to bed early since it seems I might have the opportunity.

3 comments:

Sarah Suppe said...

You are adorable and i miss you oh so much!

Anonymous said...

Well I must say, that is a really pretty Easter dress.......

I thought the title was going to have something to do with a fever in one of the girls. We all woke up this morning, reluctantly, with our quilts on us, yay for fall! Don't worry Amy, fall is really coming. One year we had a coolish Sept., then a hot October. But, August and September have used up all the hotness allowed this year. We might have a short return of hot, but crisp October mornings will help keep our homes cooler.

Dad and I go to the "cool" Bay Area next week, then onto hot Scottsdale for me! My body won't know what is happening.

Love those little girls........girls...........what joy! :)

r. said...

Penelope is so disinterested in clothing. When I let her pick her outfit she just says, "shirt...pants." And if I try to brush her hair, she screams bloody murder. I think that's because of the curls. Yeah for cooler weather!