This month has FLOWN by! After the camping trip with church and our vacation, we came back to a wedding, a prayer meeting, a graduation party, Vacation Bible school, high school camp for Happy & an almost camping trip for Alice, Grandma Gilmore & me. Crazy month!
Vacation Bible School (VBS) was the week of July 18-22 from 9-11:30AM. I helped with crafts and had SO much fun. This was the first time I've been able to be any part of VBS at our church and I definitely want to help next year! I was amazed at how many kids and workers came out for it and even more amazed at seeing the Lord's hand in it all.
Right now Happy, 2 other counselors and 26 students are headed back from Wildwood (at Hume Lake). I was able to spend part of the week up there and see some of the students... and of course my hubby :-) I had planned on camping but when another youth pastor's wife found out that Happy's pregnant wife was coming up to camp with a one year old and mom-in-law to help she thought I was insane and offered for us to stay in their cabin in the loft area where there were two extra beds and a bathroom (with shower) they weren't using. Such a blessing! Needless to say, we were glad to change our plans and have easy access to a shower! Plus, Alice made two new friends with the 3 1/2 yr old son and 17 month old daughter of the other youth pastor's wife. I was encouraged to talk to another young wife of a youth pastor & mom of two and hear how ministry happens at another church. I had my plans for the week but God had better ones!
So, it's true, if you haven't heard yet. We are expecting baby #2 in mid-January. Not entirely sure if the due date (Jan. 16) is accurate, but we're going with it. We already found out (very early) that it's a boy, so we're all looking forward to meeting little Caleb Michael in the next 6 months or so. Well, at least Happy & I are looking forward to meeting him. I'm sure Alice will warm up to her little brother eventually. I am hoping I don't get as HUGE as I did with Alice, but am assuming that another moose baby is headed our way. Around 8-9 months of pregnancy I just look like I've got a beach ball under my shirt... not a basketball, a beach ball. They're bigger... MUCH bigger. People ask me if I'm having twins, if I'm about to burst, can I still shave my legs... all sorts of exciting questions. Alice was 8 lbs 14 oz. Maybe Caleb will be nice to his mommy and stay under 9 lbs as well.......... Is it wrong to pray that he stays under 9 lbs?
Okay, last thing before getting Alice up from her nap. My wonderful husband will be 27 years old on Tuesday. Even though he points out almost every year that I am older than him, I still love him and am looking forward to celebrating with him!! Don't forget to wish him a happy birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment