5.24.2007

A Moment to Breathe

I know it's been 10 days since our last post, but rather than point out all the things we were busy doing--such as attending three weddings (one of which I was in) in two weekends, going to a baby shower (which was actually more like a party so it was co-ed) and attending our very first business meeting at our new church--I'll just say, I'm glad things have calmed down!

This weekend is the Strawberry Festival in Garden Grove, right near where we live. I'm not really sure what that entails, but I think we're planning to check it out at some point over the weekend. Sunday there will be a house-warming party at Steven & Emily's new home! I'm excited :-)

It occurred to me that many of the readers of our blog might be unaware that my younger brother, Tom, (he's 21) joined the Marines. He is currently in boot camp in San Diego, which happens to be less than an hour away from me. Despite his close proximity, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to see him until his graduation from boot camp on July 20th, when he will officially be a Marine. He'll be specializing in Aviation Mechanics, which means he'll be in school for approximately 1 year and 3 months after all his regular Marine training. Meanwhile, he's still in boot camp and I believe most, if not all, of our family is writing him on a regular basis to keep his spirits up. As he said in his letter to me, "This place breeds homesickness." He had an injury (runner's knee--tendinitis in the tendon that connects his thigh and knee) but said that he's been doing physical therapy, which is helping, and it isn't causing much of a problem anymore. Praise the Lord for that! I can only imagine that boot camp is hard enough without being injured. So, please keep him in your prayers.

In other news, I'm pregnant. No, I'm really not. Did anyone freak out at that? Sorry, it's been a slow day at work. There's really not much else going on. Tomorrow the office closes at 3 pm. I'm REALLY looking forward to the long weekend and am hoping to spend some time by the pool or at the beach. Then again, I'm sure just about EVERYone is thinking the same thing. We'll see what actually happens. And on that note, back to my invoices!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pregnancy joke was a low blow amy. This family is just waiting for another youngling, and to give so many hope like that and then cruelly take it away? shameful. Also, I think you should name your child after me. Michael is a good strong name.
~Mike

Happy said...

I was waiting to see how long it would take for Mike to tell us to name our first boy Michael.

Check.

Anonymous said...

Forget the "first boy" stuff Andrew; you are going to have all girls, I just know it!
Amy, you gave my husband heart failure with your pronouncement. I told him that surely we will not find out on a blog that we are going to be grandparents.
Glad you are going to have a relaxing weekend even though the Dixons will want you to join them and us at their house for a bbq on Monday. It would be awful for you to have to traverse the freeways on Monday evening! Thanks for updating your blog. Love, Mom

Amy said...

Mike - I do indeed have a certain fondness for the name Michael (particularly because that is my oldest brother's name), so it might be in the running. Then again, I'm not actually pregnant.

Mom (and Dad) - Of COURSE you would hear personally from us if/when you are going to be grandparents. No need to go into cardiac arrest! It would be fun to come up for the BBQ on Monday, but braving the traffic sounds quite un-fun. Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder what Michael means. Certainly, it can't be as regal as Donald which means "ruler of the world."

Uncle of Mike, Dad to Andrew and Amy

Anonymous said...

Donald? wow...ya, go ahead and name the kid Donald. And while your at it, get him a pair of nerd glasses, and lifetime membership to "Nerds R Us". Name him Michael. Or if its a girl, Michelle. I am just saying...
~Parker

Anonymous said...

Post Script:
Michael means "God-like". Take that ruler of an Earthly Realm.