Unfortunately I was right about Little Guy. He died on Tuesday night. Yesterday morning some of the other fish were starting to look a little sad and when we came home last night we found Big Fatty and Pumpkin Eater were dead too. This morning Rusty was floating at the top of the bowl. So, we started with six fish and now we're down to two--Peter and Bones. Bones wasn't looking too good this morning and Peter was looking a little less lively than normal. All I have to say is that I seem to have problems keeping plants and fish alive. Hopefully I'll be better with children in the future.
Packing is going.... slowly.... Tonight we'll spend most of the evening filling up and labeling boxes and, thankfully, tomorrow I get off work at 2 pm because of the holiday weekend--which means more time to pack. We're going to pick up the keys for our new apartment between 4 and 5 pm and then drive over to work to get a truck, refrigerator dolly and regular dolly. Saturday we'll spend the day moving with the help of many people and their trucks. We are VERY thankful for that! Saturday night we're heading up to Happy's home church to hear his pastor preach his farewell sermon and to join in the dinner after the service. We'll come home Sunday night and spend much of Monday unpacking and getting ready to go back to work on Tuesday.
I'm glad for the holiday weekend :-)
2 comments:
I once gave Penny fish for Valentine's Day, and because of all the traveling in the car, they didn't make it...So, I'm not good with fish either...oh well...
haha... that's such a bummer though!
Oh, and since that post, the last two died also... Peter and Bones. They both died before we moved that Saturday!
I think it might have had something to do with the fact that they were right next to the vent for our microwave... My guess is that we were unknowingly frying them to death. I realized it once Peter died and only bones was left. But, I realized it after seeing condensation on the bowl where Bones was swimming by himself. By then it was too late.
Hopefully once we get settled in this apartment we'll try again with the fish. Maybe I'll get a beta since those are pretty hard to kill. We'll see. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment