2.01.2007

Corn Muffin Story

Since my mom-in-law mentioned it, I thought I'd quickly share the funny corn muffin story.

So, as we know, it was in fact Happy's first baking experience. Seeing as he is SO amazing, he decided to help me out by making the corn muffins. The corn muffin mix is the Jiffy one that you add water, oil and eggs to. After mixing, he started to fill the muffin pan. Having filled one muffin cup, I glanced over and asked, "Did you spray the pan?"

He said, "What? It doesn't say I'm supposed to do that..."

I responded by picking up the box, pointing and reading "Grease the pan."

"Oh," came the response. Then of course, Happy emptied the muffin cup and cleaned and dried the pan.

Following this, he proceeded to fill four muffin cups before I glanced over and asked, "Um... did you grease the pan?"

"BLAST!" was his reply (or something like that...). So, he cleaned the whole thing again and did this time remember to grease the pan. What a wonderful husband I have! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so i know it was in regards to the last blog, but i think it deserves mentioning: did anyone else die of laughter at Uncle Don's thinking it was a Darth Maul kitchen mitt? Follow up to all my Star Wars peeps: did you think his assertion regarding Darth Maul's early demise was ludicrous?
~Mike

Anonymous said...

My honorable nephew,

You have to agree, though, that Darth Maul was a great villain. To eliminate him and not Jar Jar was a mistake by Lucas.

Who needs to talk about corn muffins (although I am proud of my son, I think!) when we can talk about the greatest movies of all time.

The Man

Anonymous said...

Venerable Uncle:
Your point about keeping Jar Jar and not Maul was well noted. But, it was not like it is a tradeoff. In a perfect world, Maul would have killed Jar Jar (slowly) before his demise. However, he would still have to die. Its textbook Lucas. 2 out of the 3 films, the good guys when. 1 out 3 the bad guys win. And since Vader had to come back in the third one, Maul had to die in the first one. So dont compare Maul's demise to Jar Jar's near invicibility, consider Maul's death step one in bringing Vader into the realm of awesomeness.
~Mike

the Rehrers said...

Way to represent men well in the kitchen. I would have done the same thing.