7.24.2006

Cooking :-)

Oh boy! My cooking has been nothing extravagant since we don't have a refrigerator yet (Mike, the refrigerator is supposed to be delivered this Friday). I cooked more in Lake Tahoe, but nothing that tasty. Raphaelle, I didn't have any garlic! Yeah, it was rough and has been rough. The most important thing is that we aren't starving and we're getting by with what we have. I have a couple cookbooks that I'm thinking I'd like to pick out recipes from, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Tonight we're having chili and I'm hoping to make cornbread. I'm not sure if I'll be able to though since I'm not sure how long eggs will hold up in our cooler that's filled with ice! We'll see.

Enough with the cooking... Happy's job starts at the end of August and I have two job interviews tomorrow... sort of. One is with AppleOne (the temp. agency I applied at in Santa Clarita) and the other I found out about through my new mom-in-law. The receptionist of a plumbing company recently quit and they are in need. The company is in Irvine (about 14 miles from where Happy and I live) and I don't know much else about it yet. I spoke with the office manager this morning and will have an interview with her at 1pm tomorrow. Keep me in your prayers!

Not much else is new. We're just unpacking and getting used to being married. Thankfully Happy's not sick of me yet :-) Ok, time to get going. This is two days in a row at the library! I don't think it'll be happening like this but hopefully we'll have internet some time this week. Thank you all for your comments! Keep them coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you get really desperate, you can always try chili-mac - that tasty combination of canned chili (vegetarian in our case) and packaged mac and cheese. Delish!

Raphaelle

Anonymous said...

Maybe the carton of "eggbeater" or whatever it's called would last longer than eggs?

Less likely to break in a cooler too, of course I have no idea what it tastes like though...

Bet you couldn't tell in cornbread though =).

Matt

the Rehrers said...

We're SO happy for you guys! Getting settled can be so crazy! Our first meal was hot dogs on a portable grill on our porch and we roasted marshmallows for dessert!:) Hope you're having fun settling in!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I think it is time for Andrew to be a man: he needs to start grilling some dinners. Its time. Tell him the Parker's are watching, and if in the next two years he is not a grillmaster, he will be hearing about it.
~Mike

Anonymous said...

Now give them a break Mike. They don't own a grill yet! And how are your grilling talents coming? Will you invite the Gilmore's to your new apartment in three weeks when we come to town, to experience your grilling? Scott would really like some pork ribs, Uncle Melvin style at the very least (Course, we don't know if he can come yet, responsibilities you know......) Oh! sorry Andrew and Amy for ignoring you. Nice apartment, great wedding, we are praying for you! Love,
Aunt Robin/Mom