Amy and Alice left Thursday morning for Santa Clarita to visit my parents and brothers.
I stayed in Orange County.
It was weird.
Sleeping alone in a king size bed is weird. Being able to spread books and magazines and my Kindle and my dinner all over the living room floor was weird. The silence was sometimes weird.
I realized that Amy has experienced what I experienced yesterday and today a lot more than I have. I realized how thankful I am for my wife, my gift from God (An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels - Prov. 31:10). I realized how different life has become since I got married, and then how different it became once Alice was born.
When we're living life, we're in it and going, going, going, so there's not often time to reflect. Or, maybe I don't make time to reflect as I should. I know I'm rambling, but it just feels so different I had to express it some way, even in such a disconnected way as this.
Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I were single. It's hard to imagine. Sometimes it's terrifying to imagine. I'm not sure such speculation is all that helpful unless it brings me back to being thankful anew for the way God has providentially provided for me/us, especially since I met Amy.
Okay, work is calling, but I just needed to reflect on that for a moment. God is a good Father and he gives good gifts to his children. Praise the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment