8.20.2010

New Sneakers

Remember when you were little and you got a new pair of sneakers and really believed you could run faster and jump higher? I used to wear my new sneakers (or shoes) to bed at night before wearing them outside because I was so excited about the new-ness.

That's how I feel today.

Alice has been sleeping "through the night" since she was 5 weeks old, but that really only means she slept for 4-5 hours at a time, which was wonderful in comparison to only 2, but not quite enough for mommy to function on a day to day basis. For the past week or so, she's been sleeping 8-10 hours at night, allowing mommy to now have a full week (minus one night) of being well rested.

The sun is brighter, the breeze is sweeter and the Lord has perfect timing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Love, Grandma Gilmore

Anonymous said...

Even though this does not address the primary point of your blog, Amy, but when I was a kid I used to get PF Flyers (ever heard of them?) and I absolutely loved them. But, I never wore them to bed!

Grandpa Gilmore

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're getting some good rest! Makes life so much more enjoyable and baby, too! She's such a good girl. I used to have PF Flyers and also Red Ball Jets. I may even have worn them to bed on occasion, maybe it's in your genes?

Amy said...

I've definitely heard of PF Flyers, but never owned any. Alice has now been sleeping 10-12 hours at night for the last 3 or 4 nights. It's really awesome. Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement! And Mom, I do think it's in my genes to wear new shoes to bed :-)