However, it is obvious that I haven't followed through (much) on those thoughts. As I sit here in front of my computer screen in my office at Village Bible Church, I tell myself it's because I'm so busy with work, school, marriage, baby classes, parties, dishes, laundry, etc. Those things are all true, and I am busy, but that doesn't mean I couldn't make time for a simple blog post two or three times a week.
So this post is mainly just me posting my frustrations with my laziness.
I think this post has been percolating for a while, but a book I started a few days ago has really been the impetus for this post. It's called
Anyway, the book is about a dying preacher in Iowa writing down his memories (some of which are so random that you have to work hard to remember that this is not a real memoir - it is fiction) for his young son to read long after he is gone.
It is good.
It is thought-provoking.
Read it.
2 comments:
I read Piper's post on it. Intrigued me- I was wondering if it's worth a read. I guess it is?
Eric, read Gilead. It's great so far. I'm 90ish pages in.
Post a Comment