3.25.2010

Pregnancy Brain?

Okay, I have to admit that I've been skeptical about some of the things I've read about pregnancy brain. If you've never heard of it, I'm sure a Google search will bring up some interesting articles.

That said, I wanted to share a story about myself.

I've been fighting a cold & allergies this week so my nose is completely stuffed up. I thought perhaps I'd try a warm drink to see if that helped. As I pulled the little lever of our coffee machine (which dispenses the hot water for my tea), I tipped the cup a little and missed the cup edge so some of the water splashed onto my hand. It was hot (don't worry, I don't have any blisters forming or anything) so I moved the cup... and CONTINUED HOLDING DOWN THE HOT WATER LEVER. So, I spilled water onto the counter for a good 2-3 seconds before realizing what I was doing and letting go of the lever. After cleaning my mess I thought "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??" and it occurred to me at that moment that perhaps there is something with this whole pregnancy brain thing...

Or it's the Benedryl I took a few hours ago... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy, if only I could use that excuse for my "dumb moments". Then again, pregnancy would not be a good thing for me; for you, yes, for me, NO! I would stick with the Benadryl story.......Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Yeah it probably was the benadryl. Hope you don't actually burn yourself if you accidently do that again....