5.27.2009

Just a Thought

Sometimes when not a lot of youth show up for our Tuesday night service (we call it Reality Check), I begin to feel discouraged. I have to fight that feeling with the knowledge that God is sovereign and then investigate how I'm doing as the teacher and "overseer" of Reality Check. This quote by 19th century pastor John Brown from Mark Dever's What is a Healthy Church? was really helpful:
I know the vanity of your heart, and that you will feel mortified that your congregation is very small, in comparison with those of your brethren around you; but assure yourself on the word of an old man, that when you come to give an account of them to the Lord Christ, at his judgment-seat, you will think you have had enough.

1 comment:

E DURSO said...

That's great. I struggle with the same thing, so I love hearing things like this!