2.27.2009

The Eye of the Storm

Life is crazy. God's in control. I thought I'd post something so that February wasn't a total wash. So . . . here's my paltry reading list from 2008. For those of you that don't know (of course, no one reads this blog anymore anyway, except for my mom probably), my yearly goal is to finish 50 books. I failed in 2007 as well. I almost just typed something like, "But 2009's off to a great start!" before I realized that I did the same thing in early 2008. But it's true; I've already read nine books this year! Anyway, here's the list. Oh yeah, we're moving in a week, too. More on that soon. Maybe.

1. Apologetics to the Glory of God by John M. Frame
2. Listening to the Beliefs of Emerging Churches ed. By Robert Webber
3. Minor Prophets by H.A. Ironside
4. Culture Shift by R. Albert Mohler
5. No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
6. The Gospel & Personal Evangelism by Mark Dever
7. Auralia’s Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet
8. The French & Indian War by Walter Borneman
9. Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
10. A Theology of Christian Counseling: More Than Redemption by Jay Adams
11. Taliesen by Stephen Lawhead
12. The Passion of Jesus Christ by John Piper
13. Merlin by Stephen Lawhead
14. Chosen For Life: The Case for Divine Election by Sam Storms
15. Arthur by Stephen Lawhead
16. The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment by Tim Challies
17. Young, Restless, Reformed by Collin Hansen
18. Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther by Roland Bainton
19. A Godward Life by John Piper
20. Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
21. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
22. Protect and Defend by Vince Flynn
23. The Way of the Heart by Henri Nouwen
24. Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris
25. The Gospel of John by F.F. Bruce
26. Baptism and Fullness by John Stott
27. A Promise Kept by Robertson McQuilkin
28. Addictions by Edward T. Welch
29. Introduction to Biblical Interpretation by Klein, Blomberg and Hubbard, Jr.
30. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, your Mom reads, or rather, checks your blog daily. No matter if you read 50+ books or not, you still are the book-reader master in this family. Adding some pics more often would be nice and if you have any football pics from Trev's games that you could put on your web albums, that would be appreciated as well.
Love to you both,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a mom thing to right on a blog Aunt Robin. And lets be clear here, "the book-reader master in this family" applies only to the Gilmore branch. After all, in the last head to head battle, I do believe a certain handsome, smarmy, and muscular man named Michael Parker gave Andrew a beating the likes of which he will never forget.
~Parker

Anonymous said...

Well now, nephew Mike, it would seem you are correct about the book-reader thing. How 'bout we tackle that master-speller area (see preceding comment). Seems Andrew should of included you in the "only person who reads this blog" category too! ~Gilmore