"You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures." - James 4:3
Yesterday, the members of Village Bible Church voted unanimously to hire me as the part-time Youth Director. Amy and I had been praying for this for several months, and God answered our prayer in a way that was "far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20).
After the worship service, the church reconvened in the sanctuary for a business meeting. The meeting was called to order and details were explained. Then, Pastor Ron gave a short biography of Amy and I and then called me up to the stage for a short testimony time, followed by a Q & A time. The questions were good, God graciously gave me the right words to speak, and then we voted. The votes were counted in about three minutes and the tally was announced.
Now, the deacon board will make me an official offer and Amy and will accept and starting November 1, I will have a new job as Youth Director at Village Bible Church!
Soli deo gloria!
To God alone be glory!
3 comments:
That sounds great! What does the position involve? Is it kind of the same as being a pastor/minister?
Outstanding.
Mike
Congratulations Andrew! I know you will do very well in this new position and it will help you when you are finished at seminary. Aunt Tracy.
Post a Comment