6.15.2008

Unemployed

I am no longer an employee of Liberty Christian School.  I do get paid through the rest of the summer, but my contract with LCS has expired.  Friday was my last day and it was a weird feeling.  Teaching at LCS was my first "real" job.  It was the thing that determined where Amy and I would live after we got married.  I said my goodbyes on Friday, gathered my last few belongings from my "cloffice," and drove out of the gates on Friday afternoon.

Now, I'm excited, nervous, and anxious about my first seminary class tomorrow.  I'm also anticipating a great summer of being the youth ministries intern at our church.

Speaking of that, it's time I got back to reading and studying.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Little Fellas,
We will be praying for you as you pursue furthuring your education and we will really be thinking of you as you start seminary tomorrow. We know how much you want to do this and how you have sought the Lord's will more so than when you entered college. We shall be praying for Amy too as she supports you in this. Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

"Hey Little Fellas"? seriously, Uncle Don, Aunt Robin, what is that all about?

good luck tommorrow homes.
~mike

the Rehrers said...

Hey Happy,
It is exciting to see where the Lord is taking you over the next few years. Seminary will be awesome! I think of you when everyone at church discusses the Oakland A's. Let me know if you guys are coming up to the Bay Area and we will try to hook up.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nephew Mike,
Have you never heard of endearing nicknames parents give their children? Come, come now, you surely remember the nicknames your wonderful, creative parents and sister gave you..........willing to share?
~Aunt Robin

Anonymous said...

That would be a negative Aunt Robin. I can share with you the nickname some of my fellow officers endowed me with: "Scooter"
~Mike

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
Scooter is Scott's nickname from his father........see what I mean, endearing.......~Aunt Robin