I wish I had more time to comment on this, but John Piper has a good nine-minute video on the recent developments involving a paper written to American Christians by "138 Muslim scholars, clerics and intellectuals," entitled "A Common Word Between Us and You." It is also discusses the reply from American Christian theologians, scholars and pastors entitled "Loving God and Neighbor Together: A Christian Response to A Common Word Between Us and You."
Dr. Mohler also talked about this on his radio program on December 12, 2007. You can listen to his response here.
The main point is, do Muslims and Christians (we could extend this to Jews if it applied to this specific occasion) believe in the same God? The answer must be an emphatic NO, as you will see in the video. Christians must be careful, however, not be unloving in how this answer is phrased, and I think Dr. Piper does a good job of expressing this.
1 comment:
i think what john piper addresses in the video is one of the things that saddens me the most. thanks for the link!
Post a Comment