7.17.2007

After Mexico...

We've been a little bit busy lately. I know I've said that before, but this time tops all the rest. We left for Mexico on June 23rd and returned June 30th. After getting some salads from Jack-in-the-Box on our way home, we arrived around 9 pm and went to bed shortly thereafter. Sunday morning found us both sick (Happy vomited twice that night and I had a pretty nice fever) and unable to do much of anything. I literally slept almost all day. Monday I went to work with a low fever and feeling much better, but not 100%. Happy stayed home since he now had a higher fever. By the end of the day we were both feeling better and figured we got food poisoning from our first dinner back in the United States. Welcome home!

We both worked on Tuesday, July 3rd, and the office closed early for me. So I got a manicure and a pedicure before heading home to finish packing and leave for the airport around 4 pm for our 7 pm flight to Oakland. We arrived in Oakland that night, were picked up by my mom-in-law and headed over to Grandpa's house. The next day was the Gilmore 4th of July "Family Reunion," which I attended for the first time! Thursday, the 5th, we left from Oakland for Hilo, Hawaii, around 3:30 pm. We arrived around 6:45 pm (Hawaii is three hours behind California), rented a car and began our two hour trek across the island to Kona, where we were staying. We were in Hawaii until Thursday morning when we drove back across the island for our 8:45 am flight. We were back in LA around 7 pm and back home around 9 pm. Friday we both went to work, Saturday we unpacked, cleaned, visited some friends and their new baby, grocery shopped and prepared for Vacation Bible School the next day at church. Since Sunday and Monday were basically more of the same (cleaning, cleaning, more cleaning.... you get the point), I'll just move on.

The reason I was updating, aside from the fact that we haven't in a LONG time, was to point out that there are pictures from Mexico and Hawaii on our web albums. I must warn you now that there are over 300 from Mexico and almost 200 (I think) from Hawaii. Thank you for all your prayers and for bugging us for pictures :-D More updates will come soon!

No comments: