So archaeologists think they may have found the Apostle Paul's sarcophagus. Read that story here. Think it doesn't sound plausible? Read one person's thoughts on how likely it is that this could be true.
This has the possibility of being a very important find. On the other hand, it carries with it the very likely possibility of unnecessarily buoying or crushing people's faith. Many people put too much stock in "proving" Scripture by finding artifacts. Examples are Noah's Ark, the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, etc. Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't search for things pertaining to ancient history because they teach us so much. I just know that there is a fine line between admiration and veneration.
Oh, and who knows when they'll actually open the sarcophagus anyway.
5 comments:
I would bet that when the sarcophagus is opened, they will find either a Goa'uld or Jack O'Neill.
Dad
Nice, dad. I'm pretty sure that no one else who reads this blog knows what that means. Actually, Amy most likely has no idea what you're talking about.
I have no idea what that means. And thats saying something, given my vast knowledge on all arena's of knowledge.
~Mike
Indeed. You are correct, sir. I am thoroughly baffled.
I am quite sad that my assumption that no one else would know what I was talking about is apparent. Mike, have you not watched Stargate SG-1? Only the best sci-fi series on TV! Apparently, that has escaped your vast knowledge.
Post a Comment