All I can think of to write, as I listen to Emma screaming from her swing (so mommy can get a break from the screaming in her ear), is that I'm sure this isn't going to last forever. I'm also totally jealous of women who have easy babies. So far I'm two for two on the other end of the spectrum. Unfortunately, Emma makes me seem like a liar unless you're here from now (sometimes earlier!) until about 11PM. At least, this has been the pattern for the past three nights and many others interspersed in the weeks beforehand. Praying tonight I could maybe be in bed by 10PM. At the rate she's going, that's looking like wishful thinking.
I did just read a blog post which a friend of mine linked to that was an excellent reminder. It's here if you'd like to check it out (particularly if your kids have been less than perfect lately).
But, Emma is still crying and seems to persist in keeping mommy and daddy from getting sleep in the evening hours.
I'm. So. Tired.
2 comments:
That blog link almost made me cry. I love the authors take on the "just waits."
Sarah, it did make me cry! It has been a rough week (today is going MUCH better), so last night I really needed that reminder. Kristin posted the link on her Facebook actually, so it's her fault!
Unrelated, we need to figure out a day for you to come hang out before you leave. I can't believe it's March tomorrow!
Post a Comment